BUSH FIRE INFORMATION – The Rural Fire Service is the lead agency in fire emergencies and we encourage all members of the community to keep their eye on information from official services.
If you require general information about the bush fire affected area call the Public Information Inquiry Line on 1800 227 228 or for up to date bush fire information call the RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737 or at https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-information/fires-near-me
Key emergency contacts include:
For life threatening emergencies, call 000 (Police, Fire or Ambulance)
For major bush fire incident updates, call the NSW Rural Fire Service on 1800 679 737
For storm and flood emergencies, call the State Emergency Service on 132 500
For weather updates and flood warnings, visit bom.gov.au/nsw
For live updates on local traffic conditions and road closures, visit Live Traffic NSW
For live radio updates, tune into 1233 ABC Newcastle + all relevant radio stations for the area.
Neighbourhood Safer Places where you can search for the safe locations in your local area by postcode:
- Tuncurry Beach Bowling Club – 21 Parkes Rd Tuncurry
- Club Taree – 121 Wingham Road Taree.
- Wauchope High School and Wauchope Showground for animals – Nelson St, Wauchope NSW 2446
- Laurieton United Services Club – 2 Seymour St, Laurieton NSW 2443
- Kempsey Showground – 19 Sea St, Kempsey W NSW 2440
- Kempsey Macleay RSL Club
- Club Macquarie, Main Road Argenton
- Doyalson RSL – Toronto Workers Club
- Wests at Cardiff
- Coles and Woolworths at Toronto are offering assistance as well.
Central Coast – to be advised.
Local safe area information can be found at: https://www.emergency.nsw.gov.au/Pages/for-the-community/disaster-assistance/disaster-assistance.aspx
As previously advised Fire Warnings are as follows:
The NSW Rural Fire Service has issued a catastrophic fire danger rating for Tuesday 12 November 2019 with the following areas:
- Far North (includes our Mid Coast services) – EXTREME
- Greater Hunter – CATASTROPHIC
Catastrophic fire danger is forecast for the Greater Sydney, Illawarra/Shoalhaven and Greater Hunter areas on Tuesday 12 November 2019, due to worsening weather conditions. Large areas will see Severe and Extreme fire danger. These are very dangerous conditions which we will continue to monitor. The status of road closures and other information can be found at: