Anglican Care Advice to Residents, Families & Friends – COVID-19 Residential Update – 29 October 2020
Dear Consumer, families and friends,
It is very reassuring that the rates of community transmission across NSW remain low. I appreciate that many of you may be feeling increasingly frustrated with the restrictions that continue to be in place. We are closely following the advice issued by NSW Health and adjusting our COVID-19 response in line with this advice. While the new COVID-19 world is a significant adjustment for us all, it is likely that the current visitation processes will remain in place for the foreseeable future. We are all affected in many ways by COVID-19, especially our residents, and we are working on ways to safely modify our restrictions while also keeping health and safety as our utmost priority.
If you wish to view the most recent update from NSW Health, please visit the below website:
A COVID-19 Christmas is going to be a very different kind of celebration for us all. We have commenced planning Anglican Care’s Christmas to enable our residents to celebrate the festive season with their families and friends. The following events have been planned for Christmas at Anglican Care:
|10th December||Resident & Employee Christmas Party
This event is an opportunity for our employees and residents to celebrate Christmas together.
|Unfortunately, this year families will not be able to attend this event and the facility will not be open to visitation on this day.|
|21st – 24th December||Family Christmas Celebrations
We are planning a COVIDSafe Christmas Celebration across these days in our facilities. A special Christmas Morning tea will be provided to residents, families and& friends.
|A formal invitation and information will be issued to residents and families and friends over the coming weeks.|
|25th December||Christmas Day
We encourage our families to take residents home to celebrate Christmas. If you require transport via a disabled taxi service, I would encourage you to make arrangements soon with a taxi company – they’re likely to fill up quickly.
We will require times to schedule the pickup of residents on Christmas Day.
There will be zoom video calls available to connect with your loved one. You will be available to schedule Zoom calls on Picktime.
|To ensure social distancing and safety, unfortunately, it will not be possible to open the facilities for general visitation on Christmas Day.|
We are planning our Christmas celebrations early to enable everyone an opportunity to plan well in advance. It is important to remember that these plans are subject to change at the last minute and are dependent on the rates of COVID-19 community transmission and updated advice issued by NSW Health.
The Picktime bookings for December will be open from Monday, 2nd November. The dates outlined above will be partially or completely blocked out for Celebrations. There will be some changes to visitation in the facilities over the public holidays. Visitation will resume as per normal schedules from 4th January, 2021. Visitors who attend the facility as part of established care and support can continue to visit the facility over the Christmas period in line with arrangements already in place. Please do not contact the facility to make arrangements for Christmas, we will provide you with an invitation and further information in the coming weeks.
This is a Christmas unlike any other. This is obviously all very different to usual Christmas celebrations and we will do our very best to ensure our residents are able to celebrate the festive season with their families and friends. If you have any specific requests or would like to take your family member home for extended social leave over the Christmas period, we would encourage you to contact the Residential Care Manager for further information.
We will continue to keep you updated with any changes as they occur. If you have any concerns or queries, please contact your Residential Care Manager or Kate McEwan (Infection Prevention Coordinator) via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Janean Cole, General Manager Residential Care Services
PREVIOUS ANGLICAN CARE CORRESPONDENCE & MEDIA STATEMENTS
- 29th October 2020 Residential Update – Mirrabooka Place
- 29th October 2020 Residential Update
- 8th October 2020 Residential Update
- 24th September 2020 Residential Update
- 24th September 2020 Residential Update – Warnervale Gardens
- 7th September 2020 Magnolia Court Update
- 2nd September 2020 Residential Update Visitation
- 24th August 2020 Residential Update Visitation – Bishop Tyrrell Place and Storm Village
- 24th August 2020 Residential Update Visitation – Hunter, Central & Bulahdelah
- 6th August 2020 Residential Update Visitation
- 24th July 2020 – Residential Update Visitation
- 22nd July 2020 – Residential Update Visitation
- 16th July 2020 – Residential Update Visitation
- 14th July 2020 – Residential Update Visitation
- 7th July 2020 – Residential Update Visitation
- 25th June 2020 – Residential Update Visitation
- 18th June 2020 – Residential Update Visitation
- 12th June 2020 – Residential Update Visitation
- 18th May 2020 – Residential Update Industry Code for Visitation
- 14th May 2020 – Residential Update Visitation
- 13th May 2020 – Letter to Retirement Living Resident
- 11th May 2020 – Industry Code Final
- 5th May 2020 Media Statement – Visitation
- 20th April 2020 – Letter to Residents regarding visitation
- 16th April 2020 – Media Statement – Storm Village – Precautionary Lockdown CEASE Update
- 7th April 2020 – Media Statement – Storm Village – Employee – Covid-19 Second Update
- 3rd April 2020 – Media Statement – Storm Village – Employee – Covid-19 Update
- Information for Residents & Friends – DoH Immunisation
- 30 March 2020 – Advice to Retirement Living Residents
- 30 March 2020 – COVID advice to Consumers Families Friends
- 23 March 2020 – COVID advice to Consumers Families Friends Final
- 18 March 2020 – COVID advice to Consumers Families Friends
- 17 March 2020 – COVID advice to Consumers – Home Care
- 17 March 2020 – COVID advice to Consumers- Retirement Living
- 16 March 2020 – COVID advice to Consumers Families Friends
- 16 March 2020 – COVID advice to Consumers – CCS
- 4 March 2020 – Coronavirus Consumer Update – Home Care
- 4 March 2020 – Coronavirus Consumer Update – Retirement Living
- 3 Feb 2020 – Coronavirus Consumer Update – Community
- 3 Feb 2020 – Coronavirus Consumer Update – Residential