Anglican Care Advice to Residents, Families & Friends – COVID-19 Residential Update – 7 July 2020
We are pleased to announce some further relaxation to the visiting guidelines across our residential homes, following the recent review and amendments by consumer and provider advocates to the ‘Industry Code for Visiting Residential Aged Care Homes during COVID-19.
From Wednesday, 8th July, 2020, visitors will no longer be required to be escorted into or out of the building. Once the screening processes have been completed by our Connecting Families Assistant, visitors will be able to make their own way into the building and back out at the end of their visiting time. Unless otherwise scheduled, each visit can be for a maximum of 2 hours. Visits still need to be conducted in the resident’s room, outside or in a designated area and visitors still need to keep interactions with other residents to a minimum and are not able to remain in communal areas.
In place from Wednesday, 8th July, 2020, Anglican Care’s ‘Rules of Entry’ are as follows:
- Visitation is by appointment only on Picktime.com or by prior approval from the Residential Care Manager.
- All visitors are to adhere to screening processes and directions from Anglican Care employees.
- No admittance for any visitor with any COVID-19 risk factors (i.e. temperature >37.5°, any cold/flu like symptoms, recent exposure to suspected or confirmed COVID-19 or recent travel to COVID-19 ‘hot spot’ (i.e. Melbourne).
- Maximum 2 people per visit (this includes children).
- Proof of Influenza vaccination must be provided on entry or entry will be denied. This includes children.
- Infants under 6months of age are not permitted into facilities as they are not eligible for influenza vaccination.
- All visitors are required to clean their hands with hand gel or soap and water on entry and exit of the facility.
- All Visitors must remain in their designated area (i.e. resident room or outside) throughout the visit. Visitors are not permitted in communal areas (i.e. dining rooms).
Along with the above changes, we are also increasing the volume of bookings available on Picktime. There will now be scheduled bookings available every 15 minutes. The additional bookings will be available from 8am Wednesday, 8th July, 2020. Please visit anglicancare.com.au/picktime/ to schedule your booking.
Throughout this relaxation phase of COVID-19 restrictions, we have had increased requests for the reintroduction of bus outings across our services. Recommendations from State and Federal government bodies indicate that external excursions are not to be permitted at this time. The most recent example of this is outlined in ‘Recommendations to Residential Aged Care Facilities’ by the Australian Health Protection Principle Committee (AHPPC). While we cannot provide a formal excursion for our residents at the moment, we are happy to provide assistance to anyone wishing to take a resident out for a drive. To ensure the health and safety of all of our residents, some documentation outlining the requirements during this outing will need to be completed.
The current situation in Melbourne is a timely reminder for us all that this virus spreads very quickly. We all need to continue to be vigilant with social distancing, hand hygiene and cough etiquette. Please DO NOT visit our facilities if you’re unwell.
We thank everyone for their continued support, patience and understanding. If you wish to view the most recent version of the ‘Industry Code for Visiting Residential Aged Care Homes during COVID-19’ it is available at here.
Colin Osborne, Chief Executive Officer
PREVIOUS ANGLICAN CARE CORRESPONDENCE & MEDIA STATEMENTS
- 3 Feb 2020 – Coronavirus Consumer Update – Residential
- 3 Feb 2020 – Coronavirus Consumer Update – Community
- 4 March 2020 – Coronavirus Consumer Update – Retirement Living
- 4 March 2020 – Coronavirus Consumer Update – Home Care
- 16 March 2020 – COVID advice to Consumers – CCS
- 16 March 2020 – COVID advice to Consumers Families Friends
- 17 March 2020 – COVID advice to Consumers- Retirement Living
- 17 March 2020 – COVID advice to Consumers – Home Care
- 18 March 2020 – COVID advice to Consumers Families Friends
- 23 March 2020 – COVID advice to Consumers Families Friends Final
- 30 March 2020 – COVID advice to Consumers Families Friends
- 30 March 2020 – Advice to Retirement Living Residents
- Information for Residents & Friends – DoH Immunisation
- 3rd April 2020 – Media Statement – Storm Village – Employee – Covid-19 Update
- 7th April 2020 – Media Statement – Storm Village – Employee – Covid-19 Second Update
- 16th April 2020 – Media Statement – Storm Village – Precautionary Lockdown CEASE Update
- 20th April 2020 – Letter to Residents regarding visitation
- 5th May 2020 Media Statement – Visitation
- 11th May 2020 – Industry Code Final
- 13th May 2020 – Letter to Retirement Living Resident
- 14th May 2020 – Residential Update Visitation
- 18th May 2020 – Residential Update Industry Code for Visitation
- 12th June 2020 – Residential Update Visitation
- 18th June 2020 – Residential Update Visitation
- 25th June 2020 – Residential Update Visitation
- 7th July 2020 – Residential Update Visitation